Better Conversations about… Ethics and Integrity in the Boardroom
Is Ethical Failure an Inevitable Consequence of Business Performance?
Business ethics is the application of ethical values to business behaviour. It is about the decisions a board makes to deliver its duties as set out in legislation, specified by best practice and demanded by customers, shareholders, employees and other wider stakeholders. As ethical scandals become an ever more common occurrence, in this meeting of Better Conversations, we consider ethical imperatives – whether there is a right way to run an organisation and if ethical failure is an inevitable consequence of business performance.
By the end of the conversation you will
• Be clear on what constitutes an ethical business.
• Have explored a range of ideas about ethics, culture and behaviour in business.
• Have an appreciation of why many boards are still found wanting despite rigorous efforts to raise governance standards.
• Know if there are explicit ethical principles necessary to underpin the way organisations need to operate and organise themselves?
• Have key lessons from organisations who have demonstrated and been penalised for poor ethical business practice.
Date and time
Tue 15 May 2018
08:30 – 11:30 BST
The Royal Overseas League,
5 Park Place,